Wednesday 10 May 2017

Ian Liddle



·      He is a British artist but he lives in Berlin.
·      His work is known as painter and graphic artist.
·      He has wide range of art techniques: drawing, painting, printing, photography, sculpture, collage, observation and life drawing.
·      He has worked for many musical artists as an illustrator.

·      He does not just work on small scale like he does murals for clubs, bars and hotels in his local community.




we was given a brief to look at three artist but we had to choose one that we like to research and experiment on. so looking at his style of work and i got inspired to take this digitally. As I have done for the other briefs. I am still using Liddle's style of work but in my own style so took some portrait photos of people in my class so i could work over and experiments with. 



we was given a brief to look at three artist but we had to choose one that we like to research and experiment on. so looking at his style of work and i got inspired to take this digitally. As I have done for the other briefs. I am still using Liddle's style of work but in my own style so took some portrait photos of people in my class so i could work over and experiments with. 


i did some simple overlaying experiments with the images to see how they would turn out which kept in line with my abstract theme. however i feel like they didn't work very well because the outcome does not have very much resemblance to the artist because there is not any bright colours like he uses. 





With these photos I used Photoshop in my experiments which i chose sections of the image/faec to select and then i filled the selected area in a vibrant colour just like Liddle does. I did this to cover the hole face which gave the face an abstract look but it was still noticeable to pick out features from the face. however from these experiments not just the colour experiment came from this i also got some abstract drawings of faces due to the colour experiments. I feel like the colour experiments have worked ok but not great because they look simple and not as high quality as i wanted them too this could be due to the colours that i have selected and the positioning of the colours. however the most successful part of the experiments are the drawings i have gained from these experiments because this then lead into my life drawing because this became the style I draw the life model in. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Textile Project

We was given a brief called 'one white shirt' which linked in with our textiles project because we was also given another brief cal...